Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm Home! Vacation's Over

I'm Home!

Thoughts and musings from my Working Vacation/Sunday Aug11th 2013

 
Got home Sunday Eve after leaving the KOA/Clark's Ill.  were we stopped overnight.  This KOA was in the midst of a cornfield and a field of soybeans, very peaceful.  we arrived just in time for an Ice cream social and a evening movie.  I showered and put on my swim suit so I could take advantage of the pool - too late they closed the pool at sunset.  :(  The Beds were comfortable & the place was peaceful.  I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at the Koa camps both in Nashville and Illinois.  We left Nashville on Saturday Morning around 6 or 7am Nancy drove all the way to Clark, Ill were we stayed for the night at the Clark KOA.  Saturday as we drove thru Paducah KY were we stopped  we and I visited the Quilting Museum were I viewed their Civil War Quilt collection while Nancy and Zuri went to the outdoor Market and visited the Ohio river.
 
Sunday morning we woke fresh and ready for our drive home.  We stopped at the nearest Cracker Barrel Restaurant and had a good breakfast.  I drove thru Rockford Ill to Beloit, WI were we stopped for lunch, a fill-up and Nancy drove the rest of the way - passing the Best Western at Black River Falls were Valoriea and I spent our 1st stop on the way down to Tennessee, (Wow that seems like a lifetime away).  We arrived at my home about 7:30 pm, unpacked me stuff and then Nan & Zuri went home.  The end of a spectacular "working" Vacation. 

I plan to upload my vacation pictures taken along the way to share with you all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment