Friday, August 24, 2012

Quilt labels for your finished projects

an example of a qult label
Labeling your finished projecst are so important so when I finished my latest quilt I googled quilt lables and found some very nice freebies. One is on Connecting Threads "Quilt with us" Community page under freebies.  They have a good choice of lables to choose from and give good directions.  I saved my label choice as a jpeg then copied it into photo shop elements program and added my Text boxes with the Name of the Quilt, Pieced and Quilted by, Date Finished & Quilt Size and Quilted for.  Resized each to my liking and then printed it out on a Fabric sheet that was color fast and prepared for your printer.  You could even include instructions for care.  You can prepare the fabric yourself by washing a piece of muslin then when adhering it to a piece of freezer paper.  Ths site Infarrantly Creative gives instructions on how to prepare your fabric for accepting printer inks.  The Quilters Cache  also has some history of Labels, infor about preparing fabric for printing and a choice of lables you can print out too. To find more options you can google quilt labels. For more great ideas on Quilting and Sewing visit me on Pintrest

No comments:

Post a Comment