Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Most Unusual Year!

Friends at my Bag of Love Group
The Brides, Rikki & Nancy
Grandma Marie with Caden
Amelia turned 2 
Family - Wanda, Bro Ed, Me, SIL Patty, Br Bobby, BIL Chris
Lisa, Javiar & Baby Cayden
Mr & Mrs McLaughlin

Mr & Mrs Swett

Winter in Tennessee mid February 

My Beloved Brother Bobby


Plants on my Porch
My Daughter Anna and Family
I enjoy crafts of all types and this year my goal was to make a few dolls, something I haven't done in a very long time.  The Year started out lazily for me - I was enjoying my 1st winter here in East Tennessee, as a transplant last May, May 11th 2014 from Hudson Wisconsin the milder weather here was a pleasant change from the winter of 2013-2014 I had experienced back in the upper mid west.  I was enjoying the warmer temps, little ice and snow and the ability to come and go without the worry the harsh winter weather of Wisconsin/Minnesota.

Reality came crashing in with a shock, My youngest brother Bobbie died on Jan 30th after a short illness and I needed to go back to upstate NY to be with family.  The weather was cold and harsh, more like MN-WI weather then NY,  there were storms all up and down the east coast so I took a flight out of Knoxville TN.   I was there two weeks and returned to winter down here in the south.

I was home only 6 weeks when I received a call from my Children that my oldest daughter's husband died on April 1st suddenly.  I drove back to be with my family for two weeks in Feb feeling deeply saddened and overwhelmed.

life returned to some bit of Normality before the Summer when I planned to travel back to Wisconsin/Minnesota to spend some time with my children and enjoy 2 weddings. My youngest son Earl and my daughter Nancy were getting married within a week of each other.  One in Iowa and one in Wisconsin.  It was a fun vacation and I got to see most of the children and grandchildren during my 4 week stay.

I returned home mid July and enjoyed the rest of the summer watching my garden flowers grow and enjoying the warmer climate.  I kept a busy schedule but I was never able to get back to my goal for dollmaking or do much in the way of quilting, sewing and making jewelry.  Ive had several more additions to my large and expanding family this year as well!  I feel so Blessed.

Now that winter is here and christmas is around the corner my projects have taken a more focused gift oriented view. I have a large family and I love to make them things so they know I am thinking about them.  Well off I go to work on my projects.  I'll post them after christmas as projects that I've completed for this year.
Gourd Painting with my friends
Baby Hugh

 
My Niece Kim and her little Vinnie
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

All in all it was a very blessed year
My Tennessee Home


No comments:

Post a Comment