Tuesday, May 10, 2016

It's been a while!

The Dogwood Tree in my neighbor's yard
My Vinca Vine has a blue flower
The Spring Daffodils  
Yes, it certainly has been a while since my last post , just under 5 months. A lot has happened since Dec 11, 2015.  I spent the Christmas holiday with my daughter Nan and hubby Thomas and granddaughter Zuri and stayed through the second week in Jan to enjoy a visit from my daughter Beth when she and my grandson Johnny & his little boy James came down to visit Nan.
The Flowering Pear Tree in my yard
The winter months seemed to drag this year, especially February, with spring slowly awakening and before I knew it spring was here with the birds singing and the farm animals being born. We had one calf born at the end of Feb and another early March with the third calf born the end of March for a total of 3.  The daffodils were plentiful as the weather warmed.  The flowering pear trees bloomed, then the Dogwoods, Apple and pinks, the iris came out and the roses right behind them.  I enjoyed getting my planters in my front yard ready for new summer flowers and repotted my indoor plants to get them ready for the summer outdoors.  I bought 2 new perennials for my outdoor pots and some anualls and a rosemary plant for my herb planter.
This past week I took a break and drove down to GA to visit Nan and Beth who flew in for 5 days. They both just finished their semesters.



Daffodils and Pink Flowering tree in the neighbor's yard

enjoying a sunny Spring morning on my front porch
 Birds in my front yard

No comments:

Post a Comment