Sunday, June 3, 2012

piecing the border for our Group Quilt

This Morning  I texted all my children and grand children as a test to see who responds back with a Happy June morn message.  So far one response. LOL - lets see who is sleeping today.  well down to Dick's for breakfast this morning.  :}

Thru the Woods - a McCalls Pattern
Yesterday I finished piecing the top and bottom border for our colabrative Quilt my church quilting group is making for the November Raffle. and am in the process of figuring out the side borders.  It will be a handsome quilt when done.  Frank did a nice job on the trees, Gwen & Eliane did a good job on piecing the top and deciding on the colors.  I had fun with the stars.  It will look fantastic all put together.  The Pattern is Through the woods from McCall's Quilting Quick Quilts Winter 1998/99 magazine.  Our quilt will be larger than the pattern - more Queen size.  (We added an additional 24" both width & legnth)
These are 6 1/2" corner Stars


The border with the stars and trees
Sunday Morn - It is a beautiful day outside and I have both my porch door and back door open to the gentle warm breeze
today.  I love this June weather. 

Happy June to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment