Friday, February 15, 2013

My Amazing Week!

The past 2 weeks have been amazing for me.  Starting with Tuesday the 5th of Feb., usually I would go to my quilting down at the point with my quilting buddies Frank and Gwen, but we decided not to meet since Frank is moving and Gwen was busy. I did go to the 1st Tuesday club meeting down at the quilt shop that day, I signed up to go to the "Ladies Night Out" quilt retreat Mon - Wed. 2/11- 2/13 and choose to sleep over since it was supposed to snow each night.  I left Thursday Morn after cleaning off 3 inches of snow.   I was able to get a lot of quilting done and had an awesome time.  I met some great ladies and the conversation was great.  I loved networking with my new friends.  Tomorrow I am going to attend the Hudson Heritage Quilters at Bethel Lutheran Church.  Carol K who was at the retreat belongs to it as well as other quilters.  I also love Civil War Quilts and plan to attend the Civil War Club at Sew Little Time Quilt Shop that meets every 2nd and 4th Thursday.  They are in the middle of a project but I can bring a project to work on...I know just the one.  a pattern bought last year? (or was it in 2011) at the shop when it was over at exit 4 off of 94.   I am so excited.  Below is the quilt top I worked on at the retreat.  I completed rows 2 - 5 - Yeah! now to square them up. piece them together and get them ready for quilting.
Meadow Lark row Quilt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment