Sunday, July 21, 2013

I had a Fantastic Sunday!

This Sunday was such a fantastic and exciting day for me.  It started out very routine.  I got up early enough for church, then during church my quilting friend Valoriea announced that she needed a driver for her moving truck.  She was planning to move back to Tennessee and leaving on the 2nd of August but needed a driver for the truck so she could take her pickup truck down with her and not have to come back for it.  While she was talking I was thinking how fun a trip to Tennessee would be since I had not been down that way in a very long time.  I knew I would not be able to drive the big truck due to my shoulder, (the vibration would not be good for my shoulder).  I expressed my thoughts to her later and wished her well in finding a driver.  to my surprise she asked if I would be able to drive her pickup truck, stating that she would drive the larger truck herself.  We went outside to check out her pickup truck.  I was able to get in and out of it ok.  She asked if I would like to be her driver.  Would I!  I was so excited.  We discussed driving and how she did not like to drive fast nor drive at night.  Neither do I :) We decided it would be a go.  Then I texted my daughter Nancy to let her know that I would be going to Tennessee in August and how excited I was about it and the arrangements we were making to tow my car down so I could drive it back.  Well to my surprise she said that she would be in Nashville TN on the 8th & 9th and if I could meet her we I could drive home with them.  Perfect!  I wanted to see me Niece Karen on my way home and Karen would be coming to Nashville to see Nan and Zuri - Wow - I am awestruck at how this is turning out.  Valoriea and I both agree that God knows our needs has a perfect plan for each of us.  Not only will Valoriea have a driver for her pickup so she does not need to come back for her truck but I will be able to see part of the country I have been longing to see - enjoy my road trip and spend time with my daughter and see my Niece too.... Wow! 

Today (Monday) I spent most off the morning printing out my travel route and planning my trip.  I also reserved a car rental from Knoxville to Nashville for the 8th and 9th.  I plan on driving out to Nashville, meet Nancy and stay overnight with her there in the KOA Camp, enjoy meeting my Niece Karen when she comes to visit and then travel back with Nancy and Zuri, sharing the drive home and visiting with them on our return home trip. 

Now the rest of this coming week I will be at a Quilting Retreat with my quilting buddies Wed - Sunday.  I also spent this morning planning what projects I want to work on and getting together my sewing supplies for this.  How fun.  I am so looking forward to these next few weeks.












No comments:

Post a Comment