Thursday, August 1, 2013

Girl's Night Out Retreat then Off to Tennessee!

Winnie The Pooh Baby Quilt Top
Flannel Baby Quilt with Trucks & Froggies

Dr Seuss - Cat in the Hat & other Characters
Flannel Baby Quilt with Froggies and Cute Baby clothes & Rattles

I feel so excited today and in the midst of packing for my Road Trip to Tennessee with my friend Valoriea, who is moving to Tennessee.  I will be driving her pickup truck down while she drives the 26 ft. U-Haul with all her belongings.  We just picked up the U-Haul and I must say she handles it very well.  Her Truck is comfortable and I see no problem driving it down.  We plan to take our time and sleep overnight in Ill. before heading on to Tennessee.  We also are going to make a side trip to visit a quaint Amish Store that she has been to before and then stop in Paducah KY at the Quilt Museum.  I am
taking my Camera along to take photos of my journey. 

Last week was an awesome week at the quilt retreat I went to in Hudson WI for our LQS "Sew Little Time" Ladies Night Out.  I was able to go Tues Eve thru Sunday and did get a lot done.  I made 5 baby quilt top, 2 are already sandwiched and ready to quilt.  I made 2 of  baby flannels that had ducks and frogs and puppies in them.  One quilt was created using a vintage fabric of children picnicking in the park.  I used soft greens and greys for this one with a very simplistic pattern of Charm Squares and Rectangles.  Dr. Seuss was the focus of another quilt where I used 6" squares of  Dr. Seuss patterned fabric surrounded by bright colorful crayon colors of blue, red, green, orange and yellow.  I enjoyed making this magical bright quilt and plan to give it to one of my great grandsons.  Winnie the Pooh fabrics were my next focal prints in soft pastel.  I think this one is my best so far and I loved the way it turned out.  I used a disappearing nine patch pattern with Pink, Blue and 2 different Pooh fabrics as the outer squares. 
Summer Fun, children picnicking in the Park

No comments:

Post a Comment