Thursday, February 13, 2014

Yeah! the weather has broke!

February Postcard  BOM Block # 1
My Russian Doll Applique
The Peace Dove
Yeah! I was able to go to my bible study group this am ... the Temp is 25 degrees above zero today no snow and minimal wind.  I was able to get out of the house for a short time to enjoy time with friends.  Only 2 hrs out but such a great relief.  I even was able to use my shoes instead of my boots today... I could have gone out with the retired friends from church to our monthly get together but I thought I should take it easy so here I am back at home.  I will eat a light lunch, rest and maybe even sew a little today.... I am taking it a day at a time and trying to be gentle with myself.  It's been almost 2 1/2 weeks since surgery and i am sore but healing great!   I went to my follow-up appointment with the Nurse Practitioner and have been cleared to carry 20# now and in 4 weeks I can carry 30#'s, then 4 weeks later I can carry whatever I can handle.  I don't have to go back unless I have a problem and the nerve pain/discomfort should be back to normal in 3 - 4 months.  Yeah!  Well, now for lunch and then I will watch TV for a while and later work on my quilting projects....  My February BOM Postcard block for my Facebook Group - Quilting, and Mug Rugs for my Swap with Michelle at the quilting Gallery.



No comments:

Post a Comment