Monday, August 1, 2011

A Fun Day with Friends at the Knit & Crochet Show

















Well it was a fun day at the knit & crochet show.  my morning started out with breakfast at Deb's then we went to pick up Phyllis and Jean.  it was a steamy day but the hotel was cool.  I enjoyed seeing all the Yarns and Wool Rovings and we got a ton of great ideas...it was great to talk to the vendors new and returning ones.  We saw Maggi who has great shawl patterns from Ireland & Met Steve who has a shop in Minneapolis.  Deb & I signed up for a class on Lace crochet on Tuesday Eve and also put our name down for a class that steve is teaching mid August....at his shop.  saw a lot of great patterns for scarfs and fingerless gloves and lots of different yarns galore.  Gadgets and gizmo's abounded - I loved the erognomic crochet hook with interchangeable needle sizes - and purchased a neat magnetic board to hold my patterns.  of course I did buy some yarns and we even got a treat bag with some yarn in it.

After the show we went to Psyco Suzy's for a late lunch and met some really kool kids sitting at the table next to ours. (they were in thier 20's) We laughed and ate by the river patio and did have a great time. On the way home we passed the Textile Ctr were they have classes on spinning and of course Polymer Clay and we stopped at the Cupcake factory for coffee and cup-cakes. :) got home around 6pm and enjoyed sitting in my cool livingroom looking at my purchases and contiplating my upcoming class on Tuesday Eve. The teacher is from Ireland and I do love her accent. I did get some pictures to share so do enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment