Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Another Road Trip! Yeah!

Another Road Trip! Yeah!

Today I left on a Road Trip to Lynchburg VA to attend my 2nd Cousin, Amanda's Wedding.  I am looking forward to meeting all my cousins and Aunts that will be there.  Aunt Flo, the Brides Grandmother is in her mid 90's and I haven't seen her in such a long while and My cousin Judy and Aunt Anita will be there too as well as my cousin Marion.  I am looking forward to seeing them.  I want to take a lot of pictures along the way but opp's I left my Camera Charger at home....on the table.  So I do hope I can purchase an new one at Wal-Mart or Target. 
 
The roads were clear today and the traffic light and I was able to make it to my 1st sleepover destination before 7pm even tho I left later this am than I thought.  My 1st stop was at the La Quinta Hotel in Bloomingburg IL.  I stopped over at the Cracker Barrel Restaurant and had a nice supper of Grilled Chicken and Macaroni.  I also purchased a cute wedding gift for the couple and they wrapped it up very nicely for me. 
 
I just had a hot shower and took my pm meds so I will be going to bed shortly.  I will get up in the am and have a good breakfast here at the hotel then I will be off.  I talked with my brother Ed and he will be leaving on Friday to come on down.  It is about a 10 hour ride for him. 
 
Tomorrow I think I will stop at a quilt shop along the way.  My next stop is in West VA at a Best Western.  Well Good Night all, more updates to come.
 
Bouquet's for my favorite Actors
Friday Sept 6th I didn't make it to West VA but stopped at a day's Inn in Mt Sterling KY about an hour and a half away.  it was 7pm yesterday eve,  I needed gas so I got off the highway and then realized that there was a coupon for this hotel in the hotel coupon book.  (thanks to my brother Bobby I have been collecting them for each state I enter,)  I decided this was were I would spend the night.  I got a great rate, the room was clean with fresh sheets and towels.  the accommodations had been well worn over time, (an older motel)  but I had great internet service & good TV.  I watched "Les Meserables" before going to bed.  What a movie, very good, after all they took home the Oscars.  well its almost 7:30 here so I am getting ready to leave on the last leg of the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment