Monday, March 14, 2022

I see More Baby Quilts in my future.


"Down on The Farm"

Three weeks ago I was asked to make a baby boy quilt that was needed in 2 weeks by a friend of my daughters.   I laughed, knowing I would not be able to finish one in that time frame.  Then I remembered the quilt top I had leftover from the baby quilts I had made for my grandkids.  It was a cute baby boy farm quilt with a scrappy border that was done but needed batting and backing material.  I quickly gave options to my daughter's friend and sent a picture of the unfinished quilt top.  I knew I could finish it within the approximate timeline if they still wanted it.  She said yes, so I sandwiched, pinned, basted, and Quilted the Baby Boy Quilt.  I enjoyed doing it and had so much fun with the quilting, adding texture to the walkways and barn.  I sent it out last Tuesday and it arrived at 9am this past Thursday and she loved it!  
Now she wants a Baby Girl Quilt.   

Here I am basting the quilt sandwich together.
Choosing Thread Colors
Adding Texture
texturing the walks and barn

Quilting fun clouds




I added a soft flannel backing
stitching on the binding




Hand stitching the binding to the back.


Adding a Label

The finished Quilt 







No comments:

Post a Comment