Friday, April 27, 2012

Finish up Friday is here.

The Finished Quilt - with Borders and Binding on.
Hot Pad
I used Insul-Bright batting for this Hot pad that I finished from a finished log cabin block.  I put 4 blocks together to make a table topper and will finish that up next week
Kitchen Towel for a Bridal gift
 Here is a Kitchen Towel I made for a Bridal Gift.  I embellished it with several strips of fabric and appliqued a heart and button on it.  It is attached to a nice basket that can be hanged on a door and cooking utensils or hot pad can be stored inside. 
I had fun making this gift.  can't wait to present it to the Bride to be on Sunday.  

.


Working on the binding to Beth's Quilt and will be done by this eve...Then Off to it's owner - Yea! I quilted in the Lable with washing instructions. "wash with Cold Water with a cup of vinegar in the rinse water"  (I did not pre-wash the quilt top material - but I did prewash the backing.  (live and Learn - (this is my 2nd quilt and I just did not get this step done.))


Another Bridal Gift on the make.  Finished one Kitchen Towel and plan to make a 2nd one or a pot holder from this material to place in the basket.

1 comment:

  1. great finishes, Diane! thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete