Friday, April 13, 2012

Finish Up Friday!!!!

Today is Friday,  I am planning on finishing up the baby quilt I have made for my little 4 month old Great Grandson James then work on the quilt for my Newest Great Granddaughter Rose - I went down to my favorite quilt stores in River Falls, WI -(Riverside Quilting) yesterday and picked up a fat quater of pink flannel to do the binding on Rose's Baby Quilt.  I also signed up for a class coming up late may with Amanda Jean. I was disapointed that I am on the waiting list. ( I wanted to get into this class because I am missing the Retreat in Early May due to health issues and will be out of town in June the.)  I am so excited because she is coming to the shop to sign her new book "Sunday Morning Quilts" on May 26th  check it out on her blog - "crazy mom quilts".

I will finish sewing on the binding to the quilt then post it here later today.  I am going to finish up my UFO's before June 10th because I am having surgery on my R shoulder after my vacation to NY to visit my Brother's and I will not be able to quilt for a while while I am recovering...I need a Reverse Shoulder replacement -UGH!!!! and will be in a sling for the remainder of June and July..  I did ask if I will be able to do hand sewing, knitting or crochet during this time and they said yes, probably.   


Well lets start my "finish up day" by having my breakfast then on to my work..... 

My Finished Baby quilt for James Russell - now on to another project.

Another finished project
Autumn Place mats - only 1 left to bind finished 2 today - the 3rd is now done and ready to go to thier intended home.  Yea!  They were ment as a Hostess gift last Thanksgiving.  The 1st one was used as a centerpiece - Now my daughter can have all 4 placemats for next year's table. 

I thought I was the only one that had unfinished gift projects left unfinished until I was reading some of my favorite blogs.  I am so glad that I am not the only one that is late in completeing her projects/gifts for my family...I just finished up the Baby quilt above.  I had started it in July of 2011 for my great grandson James, born in Dec.  Now I just need to finish one for my great grandaughter Rose. Do you think I can have it for her by next weekend?  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment