Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Sunny Sunday!

A view from my Sewing/Quilting Studio of the Barns in the Pastures behind my apartment
I am sitting here at my desk with my front door open to the porch and the screened porch door latched., listening to the birds outside chirping at times.  You can tell it is late afternoon because they seem to have a quiet chatter in the afternoons as apposed to the early morning.

Today has been just a lovely day.  This morning I went to church with my friend Valoriea at the 1st Baptist Church in Dandridge TN.  I enjoyed meeting everyone and the service was nice.  After church we came home and ate lunch, changed and then headed over to Greeneville, TN to their Iris Festival, (I thought it was going to be all about the Iris flower,) wrong lol. It was a street fair in the Historic Downtown section of Greeneville with lots of vendors, food and music.  The drive over to Greeneville was so scenic with rolling hills and the mountains in the distance.  I wished I had bought my camera.  We enjoyed walking around and peeking in at all the stalls, ate some Turkey, fried Pickles and Onions on a stick and fried zucchini...Yum!  While there I came upon a stall with handmade Jewelry. I noticed the girl there was using a Kumihimo braiding circle and we got to talking.  She had an interesting way to make her clasps and so did her daughter.  we exchanged telephone #'s, she lives in Kingsport TN.  I'd love to talk to her some more.  makes me want to get out my beads and such. While there I bought 2 Tomato Plants. one and Amish Heritage Tomato and the other a big boy... can't wait to get real tomatoes from them.  Now I need to get a pot & potting soil for them..  :) 

Yesterday I accompanied Valoriea to Grant's Chapel in Jefferson City to her Herb Workshop.  Wow! did she give an awesome presentation.  I learned a lot about Herbs, and some surprising tidbits too.  I got some English Thyme to take home and one of the ladies, Dee, shared a sprig of Cuban Oregano from her plant.  She had gotten the plant as a cutting from Valoriea last year.  I also sat by Frances who invited me to the French Broad Quilters on the 1st Thursday of the month in Sevierville, TN.  I am feeling so happy and relaxed here.  I can't believe it's only been a week already.

No comments:

Post a Comment